According to the 2019 FBI crime report, many burglars and thieves take place during the day. Quantitative reposts show that almost 50% of all burglars happen during the daytime, and 34% happen at night. The remaining percentage is unknown. Given the said data, it is alarming that they make out with a decent score. On average, the dollar value of stolen properties from burglaries reaches up to 2,661 bucks.
Burglary is defined as the unlawful entry of a property to commit theft or felony. While there is a significant decrease in burglary cases through the years, it doesn’t make the crime less alarming, especially to those who became victims.
Alconero and Associates Public Adjusters in Naples will thoroughly explain how home insurance will cover stolen personal property and also pay for problems related to a theft.
How to file a home theft insurance claim in Naples?
If you become a victim of home theft in Naples, Alconero and Associates Public Adjusters provides you the steps to take to file for an insurance claim.
- Report the theft incident to the nearest police station. The first thing that you need to do is to report the crime to the police. They will provide you the police report that is essentially needed to be submitted to your insurance carrier to make an insurance claim.
- Take necessary repairs and replacements to damaged parts of your property. If some parts of your property were damaged due to break-ins, have them repaired as soon as possible. Alconero and Associates Public Adjusters in Naples suggest you keep the receipts for reimbursements by your insurance carrier.
- Take documentation of the damages. Take as many pictures or videos of the damage as you can. This will serve as your supporting evidence when filing an insurance claim to your carrier. It is vital to document parts of your home that were damaged. Also, include on your documentation the locations where missing items were stolen.
- File a home theft insurance claim with your insurance company. When filing a home theft insurance claim in Naples, it is highly recommended seeking help from a public adjuster to maximize your claim. The public adjuster will investigate and review your policy, including applicable coverage types, scheduled items, and deductibles.
How much coverage do I have for a home theft insurance claim?
The amount of coverage you will have for a home theft insurance claim in Naples will depend on the limit of your policy and also the type of coverage. Note that the coverage of your dwelling and other damaged structures is pretty straightforward.
What do I need to present?
When your belongings are stolen, it is highly recommended providing your home insurance carrier with the following information as soon as possible:
- The location and the time the valuable item was purchase;
- The value of the item, whether exact or estimated amount; and
- The model and brand of the item.
To verify the value of the stolen items, your insurance carrier might ask you to provide any of these supporting documents:
- Credit card and bank statements
- Warranty information
- Serial numbers
Alconero and Associates Public Adjusters in Naples highly recommend you to make a home inventory. It is one of the best ways to make a home insurance claim as fast and smooth as possible. Having a good home inventory will help you keep track of all your belongings and maximize your insurance claim. It is important to update the list now and then.
How a Public Adjuster helps you maximize your insurance claim?
If you become a victim of a break-in or theft in Naples, there are different means and resources available to help you. You may be eligible to get financial assistance through the Federal Victims of Crime Act for all expenses that are not covered by home insurance like medical services and other costs.
To maximize your home theft insurance claim, do not hesitate to seek consultation from Alconero and Associates Public Adjusters in Naples. Equipped with knowledge and expertise, we are committed to serve and represent you to claim your insurance claim you deserve.
We are the best Public Adjusters in Florida
Alconero te devuelve tu dinero