Is your property in Orlando suffers water leak damag? Are you filing for a water leak insurance claim? If yes, there are some things you need to consider.
According to the Insurance Information Institute, Almost one in every 50 households is taking water leak insurance claim annually. Various reasons cause water leak damage, including storm damages, frozen pipes, and faulty plumbing systems.
Most home insurance policies cover water leaks in Orlando. They are straightforward, but water leaks can be a tricky area to navigate. Besides, there are many exemptions on the coverage of standard policies like gradual water leaks. If your property suffers a water leak and planning to file for a water leak insurance claim, Alconero and Associates Public Adjusters in Orlando will provide you the process to make a successful insurance claim.
Cases covered by water leak insurance claim in Orlando
Most homeowners are facing water damage in their properties. It is a common problem in most homes caused by different issues.
The following scenarios are covered by water leak insurance claim:
- Accidental sewer backup or overflow;
- Flood damage;
- Sudden water leak discharge;
- Water damage caused by storms; and
- Other water leaks caused by the sudden scenarios
You will be covered by a water leak insurance claim if your pipe bursts out suddenly. However, they will not be covered if it’s gradual water damage that occurred slowly and over time.
With this in mind, it is vital to be prepared for a water leak to increase your chances of making successful water leak insurance claims in Orlando.
Tips on how to make a successful water leak insurance claim
If your property sustains water leaks, public adjusters provide you tips on how you can maximize your chances for filing a water leak insurance claim successfully:
- Make documentation on the water leak. Documenting the water leak with photos and videos of the initial and resulting damage will serve as your supporting evidence when filing an insurance claim to your insurance carrier. Capture many pictures and take as many videos of the damage as you can. It is vital to document parts of your home that were affected by water leaks.
- Control the leak and make minor repairs to minimize the chances of further damage. If your property was affected by water leak damage, have them repaired as soon as possible. In the meantime, take necessary and minor repairs to prevent further damage to your property. Alconero and Associates Public Adjusters in Orlando suggest you compile the receipts for repairs and maintenance service for reimbursements to the insurance company.
- Contact public adjusters to determine the extent of the water leak damage. To maximize your insurance claim, hire a public adjuster to know the extent of the damage and make an estate on the cost of repairs. They will also make a thorough investigation and negotiate with your insurance carrier on your behalf.
Moreover, it is important to do maintenance regularly throughout the year to prevent further damages caused by burst pipes and other causes of water leak damages.
If you file for a water leak insurance claim and it gets denied, contact Alconero and Associates Public Adjusters in Orlando to know why. The ideal precautionary measure that you can take is to seek maintenance and proper servicing of potential sources for water leak damages.
Should you claim for a water leak insurance claim?
A water leak might not seem like a huge problem, especially if the damage happened in a small area on your property. However, do not disregard the potential costs, at present and in the future. The water leaks could lead to much larger issues down the line if not repaired as soon as possible. Worse, those damages will not be eligible for insurance claims.
Public adjusters say that it is best to mitigate and address the problem as early as possible and inform your insurance carrier right away. Not doing so could complicate future insurance claims, or worse, could lead to a delayed claim if succeeding issues occur later on.
We are the best Public Adjusters in Florida
Alconero te devuelve tu dinero