Christmas is fast approaching. With all the fun coming up with the holiday season, it is essential to be safe and make your home secure from any danger. The best thing Alconero and Associates Public Adjuster inSt Petersburg can suggest for home safety this Christmas, as well as the rest of the year, is to maintain adequate fire safety. The following are some things you can do to help keep your home and family safe this Holiday season.
1. Watch out for your Christmas lights. The Christmas lights bring holiday cheers and feel, but they can also be a safety hazard. According to the U.S Fire Administration, December is said to be the deadliest month for fire damage in St Petersburg amongst real estate. To avoid such untoward circumstance like accidental fire damage, be sure to inspect the strands of your Christmas lights to make sure they are no frayed cords or crack lights before you switch them on.
It is best if you buy cords and Christmas lights that have been tested by an independent laboratory and checking to see if the necessary information is clearly stated in the packaging. Use indoor lights indoors, and consequently, outdoor lights should be installed outdoor. Turn any Christmas light if when you go out or when you go to bed.
2. Install a fire extinguisher. Fire damage in St Petersburg can happen anytime. It is best to be well-equipped and ready to extinguish flames when that untoward accident comes. It is a good idea to install a fire extinguisher in your home and as well as reviewing how to use it. Place it in a place where it is easily accessible and check if it is unexpired.
3. Do not burn wrapping papers and twigs in the fireplace. A crackling fire in the fireplace is a must-have for the cozy Christmas season. Fire damage accidents can be avoided by practicing proper fireplace safety. Do not burn wreaths, tree sticks, or wrapping paper in the fireplace. It is more convenient to install a fireplace screen to avoid untoward accidents.
4. Keep an eye on candles. Fire damage started by candles is rampant during the Holiday seasons—specifically Christmas, New Year’s Eve, and New Year’s Day. To avoid any fire damage to your property, place it on a non-flammable surface clear from any potentially flammable items. Be sure that the lit candles are placed in stable holders that cannot be easily knocked down. Most importantly, never leave burning candles unattended, even if they are secured. Unlit them when you go out or going to bed.
5. Inspect the chimney and furnace. Furnaces, fireplaces, and other heating equipment can be a starting point of fire damage in St Petersburg. It causes many deaths in the United States every year, as attested by the U.S Fire Administration report that approximately 2,700 people were killed due to fire damage. To avoid this, take time to have a public adjuster or other professionals to inspect your furnace, sweep the chimney, and clean out air ducts before you need to warm up your property.
6. Check the batteries of smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors together with their expiration dates. These life-saving devices can help you lessen any fire damage to abrupt your Holiday celebration. If needed, upgrade your smoke detectors to send a signal properly when it senses danger.
7. Always remember fire safety protocols. Fire damage in St Petersburg can be extremely devastating if not life-threatening. While it is hard to live conveniently while having eliminated all possible fire threats, there are steps you can follow to ensure those home items are eliminated from potential fire risks. Never leave cooking unattended and keep the stoves and counter surfaces free of grease and flammable objects.
Set a timer that will alert you when your cooking is complete. Moreover, wear tight clothes while cooking to ensure that nothing gets lit on fire. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Stay safe & avail a fire damage inspection of your home today
The holidays can be the most wonderful and memorable time of the year, as long as you and your family celebrate it safely. Take precautionary measures needed to enjoy the holidays without any distractions. For free home inspection, contact Alconero and Associates Public Adjuster in St Petersburg to know more about this benefit now!
We are the best Public Adjusters in Florida
Alconero te devuelve tu dinero